How to stop workplace bullying – with Commissioner Peter Hampton and Rebecca Richardson
In this episode, James Judge speaks with Commissioner Peter Hampton from the Fair Work Commission and Rebecca Richardson of BAL Lawyers Employment Law and Investigations Group and looks at understanding and responding to stop bullying applications.
Based in Adelaide, Commissioner Peter Hampton has been with the Fair Work Commission since 2010. He has held a range of senior positions within the South Australian business community as well as formerly serving as Director of Policy and Strategy of Safe Work South Australia.
Rebecca Richardson is an Associate at BAL Lawyers who deals regularly with workplace bullying matters and sees the real-world impacts upon the lives of workers who go down this legal road in response to unreasonable treatment.
Some topics we cover:
- How is bullying defined by the Fair Work Act
- Who can apply for Stop Bullying orders
- What are the differences between reasonable management action and bullying
- How Stop Bullying applications work; and
- What are some of the issues for workers applying for Stop Bullying orders and what can go wrong
Resources we mention:
For more resources, see our HR Breakfast Club resources below. If you have a topic that you would like us to discuss, we would be happy to hear from you, please contact us!